A Neuro-evolutionary Approach to Intraday Financial Modeling
We investigate the correlations among the intraday prices of the major stocks of the Milan Stock Exchange by means of a neuro-evolutionary modeling method. In particular, the method used to approach such problem is to apply a very powerful natural computing analysis tool, namely evolutionary neural networks, based on the joint evolution of the topology and the connection weights together with a novel similarity-based crossover, to the analysis of a financial intraday time series expressing the stock quote variations of the FTSE MIB components. We show that it is possible to obtain extremely accurate models of the variations of the price of one stock based on the price variations of the other components of the stock list, which may be used for statistical arbitrage.
KeywordsEvolutionary Algorithms Neural Networks Intraday Trading Statistical Arbitrage
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Azzini, A., Tettamanzi, A.: Evolving neural networks for static single-position automated trading. Journal of Artificial Evolution and Applications 2008 (Article ID 184286), 1–17 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Cheng, S.H.: Forecasting the change of intraday stock price by using text mining news of stock. In: ICMLC, pp. 2605–2609. IEEE (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Chicco, D., Resta, M.: An intraday trading model based on artificial immune systems. In: Apolloni, B., Bassis, S., Esposito, A., Morabito, F. (eds.) WIRN. Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications, vol. 226, pp. 62–68. IOS Press (2010)Google Scholar
- 12.Harris, L.: Trading and exchanges: market microstructure for practitioners. Oxford University Press (2003)Google Scholar
- 13.Hestenes, M., Stiefel, E.: Methods of conjugate gradients for solving linear systems. Journal of Research of the National Bureau of Standards 49(6) (1952)Google Scholar
- 14.Mittermayer, M.A.: Forecasting intraday stock price trends with text mining techniques. In: HICSS (2004)Google Scholar