Case-Based Reasoning to Classify Endodontic Retreatments
- 781 Downloads
Within the field of odontology, an analysis of the probability of success of endodontic retreatment facilitates the diagnostic and decision-making process of medical personnel. This study presents a case-based reasoning system that predicts the probability of success and failure of retreatments to avoid extraction. Different classifiers were applied during the reuse phase of the case-based reasoning process. The system was tested on a set of patients who received retreatments, and a set of variables considered to be of particular interest, were selected.
Keywordscase-based reasoning classification odontology
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Givol, N., et al.: Risk management in endodontics. J. Endod. 36(6), 982–984 Google Scholar
- 3.Song, M., et al.: Prognostic factors for clinical outcomes in endodontic microsurgery: a retrospective study. J. Endod. 37(7), 927–933 Google Scholar
- 4.Kolodner, J.: Case-Based Reasoning. Morgan Kaufmann (1993)Google Scholar
- 7.Joyanes, L., et al.: Knowledge Management. University of Paisley, Salamanca (2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Jurisica, I., Glasgow, J.: Applications of case-based reasoning in molecular biology. Artificial Intelligence Magazine 25(1), 85–95 (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Canalda, C., Brau, E.: Endodoncia: técnicas clínicas y bases científicas, vol. 2. Masson, Barcelona (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Casanellas, J.M.: Restauración del Diente Endodonciado, 1st edn. Pues, Madrid (2006)Google Scholar
- 11.Kruskal, W., Wallis, W.: Use of ranks in one-criterion variance analysis. Journal of American Statistics Association (1952)Google Scholar
- 12.Kenney, J.F., Keeping, E.S.: Mathematics of Statistics, Pt. 2, 2nd edn. Van Nostrand, Princeton (1951)Google Scholar
- 16.Yang, X., Huang, Y., Crowson, M., Li, J., Maitland, M.L., Lussier, Y.A.: Kinase inhibition-related adverse events predicted from in vitro kinome and clinical trial data. 43(3), 376–384 (2010)Google Scholar