SAD_BaSe: A Blood Bank Data Analysis Software
The main goal of this project was to build a Web-based information system – SAD_BaSe – that monitors blood donations and the blood production chain in a user-friendly way. In particular, the system keeps track of several data indicators and supports their analysis, enabling the definition of collection and production strategies and, the measurement of quality indicators required by the Quality Management System of blood establishments. Data mining supports the analysis of donor eligibility criteria.
KeywordsDecision support system blood donations process monitoring quality management
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Council of Europe – Health Policy web page, http://www.coe.int/t/dg3/health/themes_en.asp
- 2.Guide to the Preparation, Use and Quality Assurance of Blood Components, European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & HealthCare - Council of Europe, Strasbourg (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Leal, J.: Validação de Sistemas Informáticos de Serviços de Sangue e de Medicina Transfusional. Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade do Porto (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Hall, M.: The WEKA Data Mining Software: An Update. SIGKDD Explorations 11(1) (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Quinlan, R.: C4.5: Programs for Machine Learning. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, San Mateo (1993)Google Scholar