The Designing of the EPON System
Ethernet Passive Optical Network (EPON) is used in access network. , Optical Line Terminal (OLT) is connected with multiple Optical Network Unit (ONU) by the network connected by Optical Distribution Network (ODN) which consists of passive cable, optical splitters and optical combiners . Ethernet technology is by far the most successful and sophisticated Local Area Network (LAN) technology. EPON is the supplement of the existing agreement IEEE802.3, basically compatible. The compatibility of EPON and Ethernet is one of its greatest strengths. EPON’s downstream channel is for the Fast/Gigabit of the broadcasting, while the upstream is for users to share the Fast/Gigabit channel. It offers symmetric uplink and downlink 1.25Gbit/s of bandwidth. In addition, EPON system can provide remote access within 20KM, with the characteristics of long distance and wide coverage.
KeywordsEncryption Algorithm Advance Encryption Standard Optical Network Unit Dynamic Bandwidth Allocation Inrush Current
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hajduczenia, M., da Silva, H.J.A., Monteiro, P.P.: EPON system Efficiency Evaluation with Extended GATE/REPORT MPCP Dus. In: Proceedings of the 11th IEEE Symposium on Computer and Commnunication, p. 45 (June 2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Sierra, A., Kartalopoulos, S.V.: Evaluation of two prevalent EPON Networks Using Simulation Methods. In: Proceedings of the Advanced Int’l Conference on Telecommuncations and Int’l Conference on Internet and Web Application and Services, fED 2006, p. 15 (February 2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Park, C.G., Lee, Y.: Performance analysis of DBA scheme with interleaved polling algorithm in an Ethernet PON. In: Proceedings of the Ninth International Symposium on Computer and Commnunication, ISCC 2004, vol. 2, p. 12 (June 2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Dhaini, A.R., Assi, C.M., Shami, A.: Quality of Service in TDM/WDM Ethernet Passive Optical Networks (EPONS). In: Proceedings of the 11th IEEE Symposium on Computer and Commnunication, p. 23 (June 2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Yang, Y.-M., Nho, J.-M., Ahn, B.-H.: An enhanced burst –polling based delta dynamic bandwidth allocation scheme for QOS over Epons. In: Proceedings of the 2004 ACM Worshop on Next –Generation Residential Broadband Challenges, p. 21 (October 2004)Google Scholar