Intellectual Property Online Education System Based on Moodle
A serious issue being raised currently in Japan is the shortage of human resources and the decreasing recognition of Intellectual Property Rights, which support the economy of Japan but lag behind the global trend. However, certain changes in education are now providing opportunities for creating and acquiring the rights to Intellectual Property. To help develop education on Intellectual Property Rights, the Intellectual Property Online Education System (IPOES) is proposed in this research. IPOES utilizes the features of Moodle, a system for online classes. For now, IPOES targets science and engineering students at University. In this paper, an outline is presented for IPOES development on Moodle and the ideal infrastructure for education in collaboration with the Technology Licensing Organization (TLO).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Intellectual Property Strategy Headquarters, Japan, Intellectual Property Strategic Program (2003-2010)Google Scholar
- 2.2003–2010 Strategic Council on Intellectual Property, Japan, Intellectual Property Policy Outline (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Intellectual Property Strategy Headquarters, Japan, Comprehensive Strategy for the Development of Human Resources (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.moodle.org, http://moodle.org/ (cited December 28, 2010)
- 5.moodle.com, http://moodle.com/?moodlead=moodle.general (cited December 28, 2010)
- 6.William, H., Rice, I.V.: Moodle 1.9:E-Learning Course Development. Packt Publishing (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Organization of MEXT, http://www.mext.go.jp/a_menu/shinkou/sangaku/sangakub/sangakub5.htm (cited December 28, 2010)
- 8.University Technology Transfer Association, Japan, http://unitt.jp/en (cited December 28, 2010)
- 9.National Center for Industrial Property Information and Training, Japan, Industrial Property Standard Textbook (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.National Center for Industrial Property Information and Training, Japan, http://www.inpit.go.jp/english/ (cited December 28, 2010)
- 11.National Center for Industrial Property Information and Training, Japan, Industrial Property Digital Library, http://www.ipdl.inpit.go.jp/homepg_e.ipdl (cited December 28, 2010)
- 12.JST Science and Technology Research Result Database for Enterprise Development, J-STORE, http://jstore.jst.go.jp/index.html?lang=en (cited December 28, 2010)