Privacy Tradeoffs in eCommerce: Agent-Based Delegation for Payoff Maximization
Collecting and analysis of personal information are among the most far-reaching development in e-commerce. Such endeavor, however, has resulted in the unprecedented attrition of individual privacy. This paper describes an agent-based system that allows consumers to benefit from the dissemination of their personal information. The implementation and analysis of such system are provided in this paper.
KeywordsService Provider Personal Information Risk Premium Privacy Cost Privacy Risk
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Cavoukian, A.: Privacy as a negative externality: The solution Privacy by Design. In: WEIS Workshop on the Economics of Information Security in London, U.K. (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.He, Y., Jutla, D.N.: Contextual e-negotiation for handling of private data in e-commerce semantic. In: Web Proceeding of the 39th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, HICSS 2006, vol. 3, pp. 62a–62a (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Blažic, A.J., Dolinar, K., Porekar, J.: Enabling privacy in pervasive computing using fusion of privacy negotiation, identity management and trust management techniques. In: Proceedings of the First International Conference on the Digital Society, ICDS (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Yassine, A., Shirmohammadi, S., Tran, T.T., Nazari, A.A.S.: Intelligent Agents for future personal information markets. In: IEEE/ACM/WIC/IAT, August 31- September 3 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Julia, G., Egelman, S., Cranor, L., Acquisti, A.: Power Strips, Prophylactics, and Privacy. Oh My! Symposium on Usable Privacy and Security, SOUPS, PA, USA (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Kimery, K.M., McCord, M.: Third-party assurances: Mapping the road to trust in e-retailing. Journal of information Technology Theory and Application 4(2), 63–82 (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Sha, W.: Types of structural assurance and their relationships with trusting intentions in business-to-consumer e-commerce. In: Electron Markets, vol. 19, pp. 43–54. Springer (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Hussin, A.R., Macaulay, L., Keeling, K.: The importance Ranking of Trust Attributes in e-Commerce website. In: 11th Pacific-Asia Conference on Information Systems (2007)Google Scholar
- 11.An, B., Sim, K.S., Tang, L.G., Miao, C.Y., Shen, Z.Q., Cheng, D.J.: Negotiation agents’ decision making using Markov Chains. SCI, vol. 89, pp. 3–23. Springer, Heidelberg (2008)Google Scholar