An Image Data Hiding Scheme Based on Vector Quantization and Graph Coloring
Vector quantization, i.e., VQ, is an important image compression method. In the past, many data hiding schemes have been proposed based on VQ. However, none of them is graph coloring based, although graph coloring has been used in many applications. In this work, we propose a VQ-based data hiding scheme using graph coloring. The proposed scheme colored every codeword in the codebook in different colors, each of which represents some bits of secret messages. Then the scheme hidden data into the compression code through replacing one codeword in a color with another codeword in another color. The performance of the proposed scheme was evaluated on the basis of embedding capacity and imperceptibility, which proved the scheme’s validity.
KeywordsParticle Swarm Optimization Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm Cover Image Vector Quantization Secret Message
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Lin, Y.C., Wang, C.C.: Digital images watermarking by vector quantization. Optical Engineering 3, 76–78 (1999)Google Scholar
- 5.Li, Y., Li, C.T.: Steganographic scheme for vq compressed images using progressive exponential clustering. In: Proc. IEEE Int’l. Conf. Video and Signal Based Surveillance, p. 85 (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Guruswami, V., Khanna, S.: On the hardness of 4-coloring a 3-collorable graph. In: Proc. 15th Annual IEEE Conf. Computational Complexity, pp. 188–197 (2000)Google Scholar
- 10.Kennedy, J., Eberhart, R.: Particle swarm optimization. In: Proc. IEEE Int’l Conf. Neural Networks, vol. 4, pp. 1942–1948 (1995)Google Scholar
- 11.Standard PSO (2007), http://www.particleswarm.info/Programs.html