A New Type of Voltage Transducer (EFVVT)
A new type of voltage transducer- Electrostatic Film Vibration Voltage Transducer (EFVVT) is presented in this paper in which three modes include single-end polarization one, dual-end polarization one and no polarization one are discussed. The fundamental principle is that an electric field force generated by a high voltage to be measured drives an electrostatic film to vibrate and the vibration is sensed by a reflecting fiber-optical displacement sensor. It can be used for both AC and DC voltage measurement including its true harmonics and transient non-periodic components. The mathematics models and the prototypes are discussed as well in the paper.
KeywordsHalf Wave Electric Field Force Sine Half Wave Voltage Transducer Large Measurement Range
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Li, W.-K., Zheng, S.-X.: Study and Design of High Voltage Potential Transformer Using Precise Capacitive Voltage Divider. Chinese Journal of Sensors and Actuators 18, 634–637 (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Li, W.-K., Zheng, S.-X.: Study on a New Type Optic-electric Transformer. Journal of Electronic Measurement 20, 28–32 (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Shi, D.-G., Liu, Y., Zhang, L.-P.: Overview of High Voltage Potential Transformer. Transformer 40, 11–14 (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Wang, Y.-Z.: Theory and Practice of Electrostatic Loudspeaker. Audio Engineering 2, 47–51 (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Xu, Q.-F.: A Film Vibration Current Transducer. Automation of Electric Power System 33, 81–83 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Xu, Q.-F.: A Voltage Transducer Based on Electrostatic Film Vibration. In: International Symposium on Test Automation and Instrumentation, pp. 1–4 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Zou, J.-L., Liu, Y., Wang, C.-T.: Development of study of Optical Voltage Transducer Used in Power System. Power System Automation 10, 64–67 (2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Zhu, Y., Ye, M.-Y., Liu, J.: Design of 220kV Combined Optical Voltage and Current Transformer. High Voltage Engineer 6, 34–36 (2000)Google Scholar