Word Semantic Orientation Calculation Algorithm Based on Dynamic Standard Word Set
Orientation calculation of words is the basis of orientation calculation on the large-scale text. Except some words, most of these word orientations are complex, and should be analysis in specific domain. The traditional algorithm of word orientation calculation relies mainly on the standard word set. The word orientation is calculated according to its semantic distance between words in the standard set. In this paper, a dynamic standard word set is build based on domain and part of speech information. The word orientation is calculated based on the corresponding standard set according to its domain and part of speech. The experiment results show that the proposed algorithm is reasonable. The domain and part of speech is useful for the orientation calculation.
KeywordsSemantic Distance Text Orientation Orientation Calculation Large Scale Database Semantic Orientation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.The 27th China Internet Development Statistics Report, http://www.chinaewindow.net/blog/
- 2.Hatzivassiloglou, V., McKeown, K.R.: Predicting the semantic orientation of adjectives. In: ACL 1998, Proceedings of the 35th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics and EACL 1997, pp. 174–181 (1998)Google Scholar
- 3.Turney, P.D.: Thumbs up or thumbs down? Semantic Orientation Applied to Unsupervised Classification of Reviews. In: Proceedings of the 40th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics, pp. 417–424 (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Wang, G., Zhao, J.: Orientation analysis of Chinese word (in Chinese), http://nlpr-web.ia.ac.cn/2006papers/gnhy/nh4.pdf
- 5.Kamps, J., Marx, M., Mokken, R.J., Rijke, M.D.: Using WordNet to Measure Semantic Orientations of Adjectives. In: LREC 2004, Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation, vol. IV, pp. 1115–1118 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhu, Y.-L., Min, J., Zhou, Y.-Q., Huang, X.-J., Wu, L.-D.: Semantic orientation computing based on HowNet. Journal of Chinese Information Processing 20(1), 14–20Google Scholar
- 7.Du, W., Tan, S., Yun, X., Cheng, X.: A new method to compute semantic orientation. Journal of Computer Research and Development 46(10), 1713–1720 (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Dong, Z., Dong, Q.: HowNet, http://www.keenage.com
- 9.Xia, M., Sha, Y., Wang, X., Jiang, H.: Semantic orientation calculation of words with different part of speech. In: ICNC 2011, The 7th International Conference on Natural Computation, pp. 939–943 (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.Liu, Q., Li, S.: Word Similarity Computing Based on How-net. In: 3th Chinese Lexical Semantics Workshop (2002) (in Chinese)Google Scholar