A Proposal of the Information Retrieval System Based on the Generalized One-Sided Concept Lattices
One of the important issues in information retrieval is to provide methods suitable for searching in large textual datasets. Some improvement of the retrieval process can be achieved by usage of conceptual models created automatically for analysed documents. One of the possibilities for creation of such models is to use well-established theory and methods from the area of Formal Concept Analysis. In this work we propose conceptual models based on the generalized one-sided concept lattices, which are locally created for subsets of documents represented by object-attribute table (document-term table in case of vector representation of text documents). Consequently, these local concept lattices are combined to one merged model using agglomerative clustering algorithm based on the descriptive (keyword-based) representation of particular lattices. Finally, we define basic details and methods of IR system that combines standard full-text search and conceptual search based on the extracted conceptual model.
KeywordsConceptual Model Concept Lattice Query Expansion Formal Concept Analysis Combine Index
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ben Yahia, S., Jaoua, A.: Discovering knowledge from fuzzy concept lattice. In: Kandel, A., Last, M., Bunke, H. (eds.) Data Mining and Computational Intelligence, pp. 167–190. Physica-Verlag, Heidelberg (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Butka, P.: Combination of problem reduction techniques and fuzzy FCA approach for building of conceptual models from textual documents. In: Paralic, J., Dvorsky, J., Kratky, M. (eds.) ZNALOSTI 2006, Proceedings of the 5th Annual Conference, Ostrava, Czech Republic, pp. 71–82 (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Butka, P., Pocs, J.: Generalization of one-sided concept lattices (2011) (Submitted)Google Scholar
- 4.Butka, P., Pocsova, J.: Hierarchical FCA-based conceptual model of text documents used in information retrieval system. In: Proceedings of 6th IEEE International Symposium on Applied Computational Intelligence and Informatics (SACI 2011), Timisoara, Romania, pp. 199–204 (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Butka, P., Sarnovsky, M., Bednar, P.: One Approach to Combination of FCA-based Local Conceptual Models for Text Analysis – Grid-based approach. In: Proceedings of 6th International Symposium on Applied Machine Intelligence (SAMI 2008), Herlany, Slovakia, pp. 131–135 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Dittenbach, M., Merkl, D., Rauber, A.: Using growing hierarchical self-organizing maps for document classification. In: Proceedings of European Symposium on Artificial Neural Networks (ESANN 2000), Bruges, Belgium, pp. 7–12 (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Ganter, B., Wille, R.: Formal Concept Analysis. Springer, Berlin (1997)Google Scholar
- 8.Krajci, S.: Cluster based efficient generation of fuzzy concepts. Neural Netw. World 13, 521–530 (2003)Google Scholar
- 10.Quan, T.T., Hui, S.C., Cao, T.H.: A Fuzzy FCA-based Approach to Conceptual Clustering for Automatic Generation of Concept Hierarchy on Uncertainty Data. In: Proceedings of CLA conference (CLA 2004), Ostrava, Czech Republic, pp. 1–12 (2004)Google Scholar