Web-Based Interactive Bilingual Teaching
Bilingual education is a long-term teaching reform mission for Chinese colleges. However, the current practical results show that the teaching effect is not entirely satisfactory. The damnification on the teaching aim of professional courses has become an urgent problem nowadays, and web-based interactive bilingual teaching could become an effective attempt to solve it. It can make up for the deficiency of teachers’ weak English level by means of the supplementary resources on curriculum website; evade the dilemma on textbook selection through uploading various teaching materials for students’ autonomous choosing; and extend teaching from curriculum to extra-curriculum in this interactive teaching action. This flexible teaching model can ensure the teaching aim of not only professional courses, but also bilingual courses.
KeywordsBilingual teaching Subject damnification Web-based Interactive
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ministry of Education, P.R.China : Several Options on Strengthening Undergraduates’ Teaching and Enhance Teaching Quality in Chinese Colleges and Universities (2001), http://www.edu.cn/20030804/3088968.shtml
- 2.Cai, T.T.: Subject damnification in geography bilingual teaching and strategies (degree paper). East China Normal University, Shanghai (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Fu, S.L., Zhang, C.P., Tan, X.M., Chen, H.: A survey study of bilingual teaching. Modern University Education, 72–78 (April 2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Xiang, Y.J., Xu, X.M.: Pay attention to the fact and explore bilingual teaching — the enlightenment of bilingual teaching from Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Journal of Higher Education Research 32, 74–75 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.He, M.X.: Analysis on ‘Herd behavior’ and its development route in college bilingual teaching. Journal of Higher Education Research, 59–60 (September 2007)Google Scholar