Analysis and Development of the Locality Principle
Virtual memory uses a theory called locality principle to make users feeling the memory is so larger. Locality principle can guide us to choose the appropriate replacement algorithm to advance performance and also directly influences lots of fields: the design of processor caches, disk controller caches and so on. This paper mainly introduces the characteristic of locality principle and analyze that how the LTS to use it nowadays.
KeywordsLocality principle Virtual memory LTS
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Brunet, J., Cauvet, C., Meddahi, D., Semmak, F.: Object-Oriented Analysis in PracticeGoogle Scholar
- 3.Architecture of the Mobile Environment for Intelligent Genetic Search and Proxy Caching. Telecommunication Systems 18(1-3),255–270 (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.On the Consequences of Retaining the General Validity of Locality in Physical Theory Foundations of Physics 35(1) (January 2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Chicha, Y., Watt, S.M.: A Localized Tracing Scheme Applied to Garbage CollectionGoogle Scholar
- 8.Denning, P.J.: The locality principle. Communications of the ACM 48(7) (July 2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Stallings, W.: Operating Systems: Internals and Design Principles, 5th edn. Prentice-Hall (2005)Google Scholar