Scalable Web-Based Learning Platform Based on Matlab Web Server for Communication Principles
In order to effectively help learning for the course Communication Principles, this paper designed and implemented a scalable web-based learning platform based on Matlab Web Server. Our platform includes completed communication systems of the course, including analog modulations, pulse modulations, digital baseband, digital modulations and synchronization as well as spread spectrum. In addition to eye patterns and constellations, the platform can show waveforms in time domain and spectrum in frequent domain in every key point of above communication systems, including both sending end and receiving end. Thus, our platform can help setup systematic notions of the communication systems. Furthermore, our platform is in English which can be applied for teaching all in English as well as for bilingual teaching.
KeywordsMatlab web server Communication principles Web-based Learning platform bilingual teaching
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Matlab Web Server, http://www.mathworks.com/
- 2.Karagiannis, P., Markelis, I., Paparrizos, K., Samaras, N., Sifaleras, A.: E-learning technologies:employing Matlab web server to facilitate the education of mathematical programming. International Journal of Mathematical Education in Science and Technology 37(7), 765–782 (2006)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 3.Zhou, W., Xu, Z., Hu, W.: “A Target Detection System Based on Matlab Web Server. In: International Symposium on Test Automation and Instrumentation, ISTAI (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Zhang, X.-G., Wang, Y.-F., Wang, G., Liu, W.-D.: The Long distance Emulation of Digital Signal Processing Based on Matlab WebServer. Journal of IEEE 31(1), 86–87 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Xin, X.-L., Li, S.-Y., Yue, T., Lin, C.: Development of a Remote Simulation System Based on Matlab Web Server. Research and Exploration in Laboratory 24(11), 55–57 (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Li, S.-Y., Xin, X.-L., Luo, Q.-B., Yue, T.: The Development of Remote Simulation System of Communication Principle Based on MATLAB Web Server. Journal of IEEE 27(3), 103–105 (2005)Google Scholar