The Video Face Book
Videos are often characterized by the human participants, who in turn, are identified by their faces. We present a completely unsupervised system to index videos through faces. A multiple face detector-tracker combination bound by a reasoning scheme and operational in both forward and backward directions is used to extract face tracks from individual shots of a shot segmented video. These face tracks collectively form a face log which is filtered further to remove outliers or non-face regions. The face instances from the face log are clustered using a GMM variant to capture the facial appearance modes of different people. A face Track-Cluster-Correspondence-Matrix (TCCM) is formed further to identify the equivalent face tracks. The face track equivalences are analyzed to identify the shot presences of a particular person, thereby indexing the video in terms of faces, which we call the “Video Face Book”.
KeywordsFace Detection Face Region Color Distribution Face Track Cluster Purity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Alexe, B., Deselaers, T., Ferrari, V.: What is an object? In: IEEE Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), San Francisco, pp. 1–8 (June 2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Bauml, M., Fischer, M., Bernardin, K., Ekenel, H.K., Stiefelhagen, R.: Interactive person-retrieval in tv series and distributed surveillance video. In: MM 2010 Proceedings of the International Conference on Multimedia (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Comaniciu, D., Ramesh, V., Meer, P.: Real-time tracking of non-rigid objects using mean shift. In: Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, vol. 2, pp. 142–149 (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Le, D.D., Satoh, S., Houle, M.E., Nguyen, D.P.T.: An efficient method for face retrieval from large video datasets. In: Proceedings of the ACM International Conference on Image and Video Retrieval (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Nguyen, T.N., Ngo, T.D., Le, D.D., Satoh, S., Le, B.H., Duong, D.A.: An efficient method for face retrieval from large video datasets. In: Proceedings of CIVR 2010, pp. 382–389 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Ramanan, D., Baker, S., Kakade, S.: Leveraging archival video for building face datasets. In: IEEE 11th International Conference on Computer Vision, ICCV 2007, pp. 1–8 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Sivic, J., Everingham, M., Zisserman, A.: Who are you?- learning person specific classifiers from video. In: Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 1145–1152 (2009)Google Scholar