Autonomous Mobile Robot Development in a Team, Summarizing Our Approaches
This article summarizes experiences of beArobot team members while developing mobile autonomous robots for Eurobot competitions. This text is an attempt to systemize approaches needed to successfully finish year-long project by a small team. Text covers method of formulating design tasks based on early robot strategy development from the plain text of competition rules. Further analysis of mechanical parts commonly used from competition to competition and unique mechanisms cover “how to make” and “where to get” questions. Basic principles of mounting electronic parts on mobile chassis and unified software platform approach for rapid modular program development finish the list of topics covered by the article.
KeywordsEurobot mobile robot design project management good practices
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Belbin, M.: Management teams: Why They Succeed or Fail, 3rd edn. Butterworth Heinemann, Butterworths (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Eurobot, international robotics contest, http://www.eurobot.org
- 3.Eurobot National Organizing Committee (NOC) of Russia, http://www.eurobot-russia.ru
- 4.Wikipedia article, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore's_law
- 5.Jonassen, N.: Electrostatics, 2nd edn. The Springer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science, vol. 700 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Nut/OS real-time operating system, http://www.ethernut.de/en/firmware/nutos.html
- 7.FreeRTOS real-time operating system, http://www.freertos.org