Are You Connected: CIO, Architect, and Auditor?
Software development and internal audit services are two absolutely different departments. Once in a while, if at all, an internal auditor visits the department of software development. But most time they spend on stuff like accounting, fraud or how the CIO runs IT. Software development and internal audit services are two different worlds – at least had been two different worlds in the past. Both areas are evolving. The software development complexity requires new methods to manage sustainable software. And also internal audit services are taking new orientations. Internal audit departments have discovered value adding services which they can provide software development departments. Unnoticed, the two areas have approached each others. If common interests are not immediately recognized, both of them can come into conflict with each other. Before we will explain the common interests and resolutions, we would like to take you one step further. What will happen, if both emerging tasks from software development and internal audits stay inwardly?
KeywordsCorporate Governance Software Development Development Team Internal Audit Audit Task
- 1.Thomann, C., & Prior, C. (2007). Klärungshilfe 3, Das Praxisbuch, Rohwolt Taschenbuch Verlag, Reinbek bei Hamburg, ISBN 978-3-499-62214-4.Google Scholar
- 2.Bähner, C., Oboth, M., & Schmidt, J. (2008). Konfliktklärung in Teams & Gruppen, Junfermann Verlag Paderborn 2008, ISBN 978-3-87387-679-8.Google Scholar
- 3.Web site of OECD, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. http://www.oecd.org/daf/corporateaffairs/principles/text.
- 4.KPMG. (2003). Internal audit’s role in modern corporate governance. Thought leadership series, Hongkong 2003.Google Scholar
- 5.Kagermann, H., Kinney, W., Küting, K., & Weber, C.-P. (2008). Internal audit handbook, Management with SAP®-audit roadmap. Berlin/Heidelberg: Springer, ISBN 978-3-540-70886-5.Google Scholar
- 6.Home page of ITIL®. www.itil.org.
- 7.Home page of ISACA®, COBIT framework. http://www.isaca.org/Knowledge-Center/COBIT/Pages/Overview.aspx.