Validity of Developmental Delay Screening Test; Using Latent Class Model
The purpose of this study was measured and compared validity including sensitivity, specificity and positive predictive values using latent class analysis. Data were collected from 229 children from 3 to 5 years old in local nurseries whose parents agreed with the purpose of study. Especially this study, validity of each test was measured for three developmental screening tests after establishing the last one developmental screening test as a standard and utility of the four screening tests was calculated four two latent class model. When a child was included in the developmental delay class through a latent class analysis. Positive predictive values were 86%-54% in K-DIAL3, K-DDSTII, K-ASQ and K-CDI respectively and those of combination of two of them were 95%-78%. It was suggested that tests of children of two or more rather than one and shall be used to of developmental screening tests for detecting developmental delay.
KeywordsLatent Class Analysis Positive Predictive Value Effectiveness of developmental screening tests
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Sohn, W.K.: Exploration for the development of developmental screening test. Open Infant. Edu. Research 9, 81–100 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Cho, G.S., Chun, B.Y., Lee, J.S.: Korean edition sensitivity and clearness, consent index of DIAL-3. Emotion Behaviors Obstacle Research 21, 25–46 (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Chun, B.Y., Cho, G.S., Lee, K.H., Lee, E.S., Im, J.T.: Feasibility research for standardization of (DIAL-3) of an infant development selection tool. Infant Edu. Research 24, 119–140 (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Chun, B.Y., Cho, G.S., Lee, K.H., Lee, E.S., Im, J.T.: K-DIAL3 guideline book. Special Education, Seoul (2003) Google Scholar
- 8.Shin, H.S., Kwon, B.S., Im, S.O.: Research on feasibility of Korean type Denver II test for danger children selection of development problem. Children Nursing J. 11, 316–321 (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Frenkenburg, W.K., Dodds, J., Archer, P., Shapiro, H., Bresnick, B.: The Denver II: A major revision and re-standardization of the Denver Developmental Screening Test. Pediatrics 89, 91–97 (1992)Google Scholar
- 10.Glascoe, F.P., Byrne, K.E., Ashford, L.G., Johnson, K.L., Chang, B., Strickland, B.: Accuracy of the Denver-II in developmental screening. Pediatrics 89, 1221–1225 (1992)Google Scholar
- 11.Kim, J.M., Shin, H.S.: K-CDI children development test guideline book. Special Education, Seoul (2006) Google Scholar
- 12.Ieton, H.: Child Development Inventory Manual. Behavior Science system, Minneapolis (1992) Google Scholar
- 13.Huh, G.H., Moon, J.S., Chung, Y.R.: Preliminary research for standardization of Parents preparation infant & children development selection tool of ASQ. Special Educational Science Research 36, 275–296 (2003)Google Scholar
- 14.Huh, G.H., Squires, J., Lee, S.Y., Lee, J.S.: Guideline book to use K-ASQ. Seoul Welfare Hall for Persons with Disabilities, Seoul (2006) Google Scholar