Medical Equipment Maintenance Support with Service-Oriented Multi-agent Services
Service oriented architectures (SOA) have emerged as an approach to handle the complexity of enterprise interoperability. Recently, multi-agent systems have been promoted as a technique to deal with cooperation issues involved in SOA. This cooperation is particularly important in several application domains, in which different companies are involved in a concrete service deployment. Agents, among other issues, offer the possibility to decide, if more than one option is available, providing flexibility and robustness. In this paper, we describe the agent-based cooperation process we have followed to enable partner’s cooperation in an equipment maintenance workflow. The use of ontologies and relationships with standards is highlighted. The approach is illustrated in an hospital scenario considered in the AIMES project.
KeywordsService oriented architectures multi-agent systems ontologies data mining
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Lopez, B., Martín, A., Daroca, D., Meléndez, J., Lozano, S.: Medical equipment maintenance workflow monitoring with service-oriented multi-agent services. Presented at 7th International Conference on Service Oriented Computing (ICSOC 2009) (Industry Track), Stockholm, Sweden, November 24-27 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Holmberg, K., Helle, A., Halme, J.: Prognostics for Industrial Machinery Availability. In: POHTO 2005 Int. Seminar on Maintenance, Condition Monitoring & Diagnostics, Oulu, Finland (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.AIMES project, http://www.aimes-project.eu/
- 11.López, B., Meléndez, J., Wissel, H., Haase, H., Laatz, K., Grosser, O.S.: Towards Medical Device Maintenance Workflow Monitoring. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology 54, 103–109 (2009)Google Scholar
- 12.Meléndez, J., López, B., Millán-Ruiz, D.: Probabilistic models to assist maintenance of multiple instruments. In: 14th IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation (ETFA), Palma de Mallorca, Spain, September 22-26 (2009); CD Proceedings. Ref. 004774. Copyright: 978-1-4244-2728-4/09/$25.00 ©2009 IEEEGoogle Scholar