Adaptive Noise Cancellation: A Comparison of Adaptive Filtering Algorithms Aiming Fetal ECG Extraction
The paper focuses on the performance evaluation of adaptive noise cancellation algorithms in the context of electrocardiogram (ECG) signals. Four different algorithms i.e. Adaptive Filtering with Averaging (AFA), Least Mean Square (LMS), Normalized Least Mean Square (NLMS) and Recursive Least Square (RLS) are chosen for evaluation purposes. The performance metrics chosen for this purpose are signal to noise ratio (SNR), processing time and mean square error (MSE). Experimental results are presented which explains the simulation results showing the best performances among the above mentioned algorithms.
KeywordsLittle Mean Square Independent Component Analysis Blind Source Separation Recursive Least Square Little Mean Square Algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Harrison, W.A., Lim, J.S., Singer, E.: A New Application of Adaptive Noise Cancellation. IEEE Transaction on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (1986)Google Scholar
- 2.Sheikh, M., Algunaidi, M., Mohd Ali, M.A., Gan, K.B., Zahedi, E.: Fetal Heart Rate Monitoring Based on the Adaptive noise Cancellation and Metarnal QRS Removal Window. European Journal of Scientific Resesrch (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Kezi Selva Vijila, C., Kanaga Sabapathy, P.: Intelligent Technique of cancelling Maternal ECG in FECG Extraction. Iranian Journal of Fuzzy Systems, 27–45 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Gao, P., Chang, E.C., Wyse, L.: Blind separation of fetal ECG from single mixture using SVD and ICA. In: Proc. of the 4th Intl. Conf. on Information, Communications and Signal Processing and 4th Pacific Rim Conf. on Multimedia (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Barros, A.K., Ohnishi, N.: Fetal heart rate variability extraction by frequency tracking. In: Proc. of the 3rd Intl. Conf. Independent Component Analysis and Source Separation, San Diego, CA, USA (2001)Google Scholar
- 13.Jafari, M.G., Chambers, J.A.: Adaptive noise cancellation and blind source separation. In: Proc. of the 4th Intl. Symp. Independent Component Analysis and Blind Signal Separation, Nara, Japan (April 2003)Google Scholar
- 14.Douglas, S.C.: Adaptive Noise Cancellation Applied to Fetal ECG. MATLAB 7.4.0 (R2007a)Google Scholar