Multispectral Palmprint Recognition by Feature Level Fusion
Palmprint is a reliable and accurate trait in the biometric family. To improve the accuracy of the existing palmprint systems, multispectral imaging is used for palmprint recognition. Although image level fusion and matching score level fusion were widely used for multispectral palmprint recognition, feature level fusion was paid less attention. This paper proposes a novel method for multispectral palmprint recognition by the feature level fusion technique. Experimental results on a large public multispectral database show that the proposed method could get better results than image level fusion, and it could get comparable results with matching score level fusion with less cost of storage.
KeywordsRecognition Accuracy Equal Error Rate Level Fusion False Acceptance Rate False Rejection Rate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zhang, D.: Automated Biometrics – Technologies and Systems. Kluwer, Boston (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Rowe, R.K., Uludag, U., Demirkus, M., Parthasaradhi, S., Jain, A.K.: A multispectral whole-hand biometric authentication system. In: Proceeding of Biometric Symposium, pp. 1–6 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Likforman-Sulem, L., Salicetti, S., Dittmann, J., Ortega-Garcia, J., Pavesic, N., Gluhchev, G., Ribaric, S., Sankur, B.: Final report on the jointly exected research carried on signature, hand and other modalities. BioSecure (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Hao, Y., Sun, Z., Tan, T., Ren, C.: Multispectral palm image fusion for accurate contact-free palmprint recognition. In: Proceeding of International Conference on Image Processing, pp. 281–284 (2008)Google Scholar
- 12.Han, D., Guo, Z., Zhang, D.: Multispectral palmprint recognition using wavelet-based image fusion. In: Proceeding of International Conference on Signal Processing, pp. 2074–2077 (2008)Google Scholar
- 13.Kong, A., Zhang, D.: Competitive coding scheme for palmprint verification. In: Proceeding of International Conference on Pattern Recognition, pp. 520–523 (2004)Google Scholar
- 14.PolyU multispectral palmprint database, http://www4.comp.polyu.edu.hk/biometrics/MultispectralPalmprint/MSP.htm