Legacy System User Interface Reengineering Based on the Agile Model Driven Approach
As technologies are continuously evolving, it has become almost mandatory to update and redesign systems to be in flux. Organizations can obtain the most cost-effective and valuable solutions by transforming their legacy assets. Reengineering the Legacy System generally aims to lessen the cost of application maintenance and make the systems more up-to-date and efficient. Thus, we provide an agile reengineering methodology for a Legacy System to smoothly evolve to a new system, and simultaneously, the Model-Driven Approach and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) are introduced into the reengineering process. The aim of this methodology is to use static and dynamic analysis to model the Legacy System interface. The final output model can assist the model transformation tool to rapidly generate a specific language interface and data service, and then join the UI and data service under SOA. This agile reengineering methodology is a new development process in system reengineering.
KeywordsLegacy System Model Transformation Sequence Diagram Service Orient Architecture Activity Diagram
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Almonaies, A.A., Cordy, J.R., Dean, T.R.: Legacy System Evolution towards Service-Oriented Architecture. In: Proceedings of the 10th European Conference on Software Maintenance and Reengineering (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Schach, S.R.: Object-Oriented Classical Software Engineering, 7th edn. McGraw-Hill (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Kleppe, A., Warmer, J., Bast, W.: MDA Explained: The Model Driven ArchitectureTM: Practice and Promise. Addison Wesley (April 2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Sommerville, I.: Software Engineering, 8th edn. Addison Wesley (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Gowthaman, K., Mustafa, K., Khan, R.A.: Reengineering Legacy Source Code to Model Driven Architecture. In: Proceedings of the Fourth Annual ACIS International Conference on Computer and Information Science (ICIS 2005) 2005E, pp. 1–6 (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Albanese, C., Bodhuin, T., Guardabascio, E., Tortorella, M.: A toolkit for applying a migration strategy: a case study. In: Proceedings of the Sixth European Conference on Software Maintenance and Reengineering 2002, March 11-13, pp. 154–163 (2002)Google Scholar