Direct Inference Based on Fuzzy Rules
This chapter is devoted to the methodology aspects of identification and decision making on the basis of intellectual technologies. The essence of intellectuality consists of representation of the structure of the object in the form of linguistic IF-THEN rules, reflecting human reasoning on the common sense and practical knowledge level. The linguistic approach to designing complex systems based on linguistically described models was originally initiated by Zadeh  and developed further by Tong , Gupta , Pedrych [4 – 6], Sugeno , Yager , Zimmermann , Kacprzyk , Kandel . The main principles of fuzzy modeling were formulated by Yager . The linguistic model is a knowledge-based system. The set of fuzzy IF-THEN rules takes the place of the usual set of equations used to characterize a system [12 – 14]. The fuzzy sets associated with input and output variables are the parameters of the linguistic model ; the number of the rules determines its structure. Different interpretations of the knowledge contained in these rules, which are due to different reasoning mechanisms, result in different types of models.
KeywordsMembership Function Fuzzy Rule Linguistic Term Continuous Output Direct Inference
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Tong, R.M.: The construction and evaluation of fuzzy models. In: Gupta, M.M., Ragade, R.K., Yager, R.R. (eds.) Advances in Fuzzy Set Theory and Applications, pp. 559–576. Amsterdam, North-Holland (1979)Google Scholar
- 8.Yager, R.R., Filev, D.P.: Essentials of Fuzzy Modeling and Control, p. 388. John Willey & Sons, New York (1994)Google Scholar
- 10.Kacprzyk, J.: Multistage Fuzzy Control: A Model-based Approach to Fuzzy Control and Decision Making, p. 327. John Willey & Sons (1997)Google Scholar
- 11.Schneider, M., Kandel, A., Langholz, G., Chew, G.: Fuzzy Expert System Tools, p. 198. John Willey & Sons, New York (1996)Google Scholar
- 12.Eickhoff, P.: System Identification: Parameter and State Estimation. Wiley, London (1974)Google Scholar
- 14.Shteinberg, S.E.: Identification in Control Systems. Energoatomizdat, Moscow (1987) (in Russian) Google Scholar
- 16.Gubinsky, A.I.: Reliability and quality of ergonomic systems functioning. Leningrad, Nauka (1982) (in Russian) Google Scholar
- 17.Rotshtein, A.: Medical Diagnostics based on Fuzzy Logic, p. 132. Kontinent – PRIM, Vinnitsa (1996) (in Russian) Google Scholar