An Experimental Test System for IMT-Advanced Communication Protocols
Increased complexity in IMT-Advanced communication technology brings significant challenge to correct implementation of communication protocols and protocol interaction. In this paper, we designed an experimental test system which aims to verify and test IMT-Advanced key technologies of MAC and RRC layer. The test system contains three parts, including Testing System (TS), Test Adapter (TA) and System under test (SUT). Compared with traditional TTCN-3 test framework a module called TA as a bridge connecting TS and SUT is adopted, which makes testing more simpler and flexible. The system can support both conformance testing and performance testing. A relay communication scenario is developed and the testing results show that the proposed test system is efficient and reliable.
KeywordsTest Adapter System Under Test Testing Logic Conformance Testing Prioritize Test Case
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Butcher, M., Munro, H., Kratschmer, T.: Improving Software Testing via ODC:Three Case Studies. IBM Systems Journal, 31–44 (January 2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Cangussu, J.W., Decarlo, R.A., Mathur, A.P.: Using Sensitivity Analysis to Validate a State Variable Model of the Software Test Process. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 430–443 (June 2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Dustin, E., Rashka, J., Paul, J.: System Test Design. In: Automated Software Testing: Introduction, Management, and Performance, ch. 11, Addison-Wesley, Reading (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Rothermel, G., Untch, R.H., Chu, C., Harrold, M.J.: Prioritizing Test Cases for Regression Testing. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 929–948 (October 2001)Google Scholar
- 7.IEEE Standard for Software Test Documentation: IEEE/ANSI StandardGoogle Scholar
- 8.TTCN3 in Wireless Testing Eco Space (November 2009), http://www.ttcn-3.org