A Novel Backoff Algorithm and the Performance Analysis Based on Exponential Distribution
In wireless networks, raising the throughput and decreasing the network delay are always themain goals to solve. This paper studied the relationship between Contend Window and Backoff Time, and raised the BEEB algorithm in which the Backoff time obeys the exponential distribution and the idea of active nodes. The BEEB algorithm can effectively improve the default that nodes choose long defer time and access the channel slowly, and can shorten the idle time and decrease the time to acquire the channel by accelerating the collision process. The performance analysis and simulation results show the active-nodes can decrease the MAC access delay and increase the network throughput using BEEB algorithm.
KeywordsActive Node Node Density Network Throughput Distribute Coordination Function Network Delay
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Zhang, Q., Liu, W., Cheng, B., Heng, W.: Improving IEEE 802.11 MAC performance with collision sequential resolution algorithm. In: Proc. IEEE WCNC, Hong Kong, China, pp. 344–349 (March 2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Nasir, Q., Albalt, M.: History Based Adaptive Backoff (HBAB) IEEE 802.11 MAC Protocol. In: 6th Annual Communication Networks and Services Research Conference, CNSR 2008, Halifax, NS, Canada, pp. 533–538 (May 2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, J., Song, M.: An Efficient Traffic Adaptive Backoff Protocol for Wireless MAC Layer. In: International Conference on Wireless Algorithms, Systems and Applications (WASA 2007), pp. 169–173 (August 2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Xu, Z.-J., Li, S.-J., Guan, J.: Enhanced Backoff Algorithm of IEEE802.11 Network. Journal of Electronics & Information Technology 26(10), 1527–1533 (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Wu, K.-J., et al.: A Novel Backoff Algorithm for Media Access Control in Ad Hoc Network. Journal of Beijing University of Post and Telecommunications 28(5), 30–33 (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Gong, G.-L., Qian, M.-P.: A Tutorial on Applied Stochastic Processes: the Stochastic model used in the algorithm and the intelligent computation. Tsinghua University Press (2007)Google Scholar