A Simulation on the Flow Field of a Helical Intake Port and a Cylinder in Diesel Engine
In this paper, A 3-D model of helical intake port- valve- cylinder is built, and flow characteristic of helical intake port is carried out; the accuracy of the CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) simulation is verified by steady flow test rig and the detailed interior flow field is obtained. The results indicate: the numerical simulation results show great consistency with the test values; the calculation of the high valve lift is more precise than that of the low one and feasibility evaluating intake port by CFD is verified.
KeywordsDiesel Engine Discharge Coefficient Valve Lift Valve Seat Intake Port
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Liu, S., Li, Y., Shi, S., et al.: Effect of the Swirl Control Valve on the In-Cylinder Air Motion in a Four-Valve SI Engine. In: SAE paper (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Adomeit, P., Hopp, M., Schmidt, A., et al.: CAE-Based Port Development and Flow Design for SI Engines. In: SAE Paper (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Laimbok, F.J., Meister, G., Grilc, S.: CFD Application in Compact Engine Development. SAE Paper No.982016 (1998)Google Scholar
- 4.Basara, B.: Calculation of Steady Flow through Tangential Dual-Intake Port. In: ASME Fluids Engineering Division Summer Meeting, Boston, U.S.A., June 11-15, pp. 1–6 (2000, 2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Godrie, P., Zellat, M.: Simulation of Flow Field Generated by Intake Port-valve-Cylinder Configurations-Comparison with Measurement and Applications. SAE 940521 (1994)Google Scholar