Real Time Online Banking Fraud Detection Using Location Information
- 975 Downloads
This paper presents a location based approach for user authentication in online banking environment. The physical location of the user is identified using two different methods. Firstly, IP geo-location of user’s computer system is used. Secondly, User is assumed to have a mobile device, which is used to identify the current physical location of the user. Both locations are used to determine whether mobile device or user is near to the computer system, which is being used for transaction. Based on this information, legal user is authenticated implicitly.
KeywordsLocation based Authentication IP geo-location GPS Online Bank Fraud
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Financial Fraud Action UK Report (2010), http://www.financialfraudaction.org.uk/financial-landing.asp
- 2.Sharma, Seema: Location Based Authentication. University of New Orleans Theses and Dissertations. Paper 141 (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Jaros, D., Kuchta, R.: New Location-Based Authentication Techniques in the Access Management. In: 2010 6th International Conference on Wireless and Mobile Communications, Valencia, Spain, September 20-September 25 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Zur Bonsen, G., Ammann, D., Ammann, M., Favey, E., Flammant, P.: Continuous Navigation Combining GPS with Sensor-Based Dead Reckoning. GPS World (April 01, 2005), http://www.skyhookwireless.com/
- 6.Wang, S., Min, J., Yi, B.K.: Location Based Services for Mobiles: Technologies and Standards. In: IEEE International Conference on Communication (ICC), Beijing, China (2008)Google Scholar