A New MPPT Algorithm Based on ANN in Solar PV Systems
To optimize the solar energy efficiency, maximum power point tracking (MPPT) algorithm is usually used in solar photovoltaic (SPV) systems. In this paper, a new MPPT method based on artificial neural network (ANN) has been proposed for searching maximum power point (MPP). The new combined method is established on the three-point comparing method and ANN-based PV model method. The three-point comparing method has the advantage of searching the MPP exactly when the solar irradiance changes sharply, and it can make the system work under a stable mode. The advantage of ANN-based PV model method is the fast MPP approximation according to the parameters of PV panel. The proposed new MPPT algorithm can search the MPP fast and exactly based on the feedback voltage and current with different solar irradiance and temperature of environment. The method is simulated and studied using Matlab software and the results of simulation prove the effectiveness of the proposed algorithm.
Keywordsmaximum power point tracking (MPPT) three-point comparing artificial neural network (ANN)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Esram, T., Chapman, P.L.: Comparison of Photovoltaic Array Maximum Power Point Tracking Techniques. IEEE Trans. Energy Conversion 22(2) (June 2007)Google Scholar
- 3.de Medeiros Torres, A., Antunes, F.L.M., dos Reis, F.S.: An Artificial Neural Network-Based Real Time Maximum Power Tracking Controller For Connecting a PV System to the Grid. In: Proceeding of IEEE the 24th Annual Conference on Industrial Electronics Society, vol. 1, pp. 554–558 (1998)Google Scholar
- 7.Long, T., Ding, X., Cai, R.: Photovoltaic power system output characteristic and the theoretic analysis to the three-point comparing on MPPT algorithm. Energy Convservation 26(8), 14–17 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Long, T., Ding, X., Cai, R.: Comparative analysis between three-point comparing algorithm and climb mountain algorithm. Popular Science & Technology 9(8), 48–74 (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Dzung, P.Q., Phuong, L.M., Vinh, P. Q., Van Nho, N., Hien, D.M.: The Development of Artificial Neural Network Space Vector PWM and Diagnostic Controller for Voltage Source Inverter. In: 2006 IEEE Power India Conference, New Delhi, India, April 10-12 (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Dzung, P.Q., Phuong, L.M., Vinh, P.Q.: The Development of Artificial Neural Network Space Vector PWM for Four-Switch Three-Phase Inverter. In: International Conference on Power Electronics and Drive Systems- IEEE PEDS 2007, Thailand, November 27- 30 (2007)Google Scholar