Improved Key Generation for Gentry’s Fully Homomorphic Encryption Scheme
A key problem with the original implementation of the Gentry Fully Homomorphic Encryption scheme was the slow key generation process. Gentry and Halevi provided a fast technique for 2-power cyclotomic fields. We present an extension of the Gentry–Halevi key generation technique for arbitrary cyclotomic fields. Our new method is roughly twice as efficient as the previous best methods. Our estimates are backed up with experimental data.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cohen, H.: A Course in Computational Algebraic Number Theory, vol. 138. Springer GTM (1993)Google Scholar
- 4.Gentry, C.: Fully homomorphic encryption using ideal lattices. In: Symposium on Theory of Computing – STOC 2009, pp. 169–178. ACM (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Gentry, C.: A fully homomorphic encryption scheme. PhD, Stanford University (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Smart, N.P., Vercauteren, F.: Fully Homomorphic SIMD Operations. IACR e-print, 133 (2011)Google Scholar
- 12.Thomas, L.H.: Using a computer to solve problems in physics. Application of Digital Computers (1963)Google Scholar