Design and Implementation of Multimedia Format Converter Based on FFmpeg
FFmpeg is free software licensed under the LGPL or GPL. It is a complete, cross-platform solution to record, convert and stream audio and video. But it’s complex and inefficient to use, for it doesn’t have a GUI (Graphical User Interface). We develop a multimedia format converter with GUI based on FFmpeg, which is designed and implemented based on Qt framework, under Linux environment. It is more efficient and convenient for users than ffmpeg.exe. Its GUI is concise, and easy to use and update. Users can use it to convert the file from the source format to any other format they want without complex settings.
KeywordsFFmpeg format conversion GUI converter Qt
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Project Description[EB/OL], http://www.ffmpeg.org
- 2.Zhang, G.: The design and implementation of video transcoding and protection system based on FFmpeg. Central China Normal University (May 2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Home of the MinGW, MSYS and mingwPORT Projects [EB/OL], http://www.mingw.org
- 4.MSYS [EB/OL], http://www.mingw.org/wiki/MSYS
- 5.What is Qt[EB/OL], http://qt.nokia.com
- 6.Compiling and Application of ffmpeg [EB/OL], http://www.360doc.com/content/10/0428/15/474846_25293076.shtml
- 7.Blanchette, J., Summerfield, M.: C++ GUI Programming with Qt4, 2nd edn. Publishing House of Electronics Industry, Beijing (2008)Google Scholar