Digital Images Encryption in Frequency Domain Based on DCT and One Dimensional Cellular Automata
We are living in an age where security of digital information like digital images is becoming more important in many aspects and the tranmission of digital images is increasing over the internal and international computer networks. The protection of digital images from unauthorized access is the main purpose of this paper.
This paper introduced an approach to encrypt a digital image in frequency domain through DCT (Discrete Cosine Transform) and one dimenssional cellular automata. It is based on encryption of some quantified DCT coefficient in high frequencies. We applied our proposed model on one hundred numbers of JPEG grayscale images of size 800 × 800. The experimental results have indicated the robustness of our algorithm.
KeywordsDigital Images Encryption Frequency Domain Encryption Cellular Automata
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Puech, W., Rodrigues, J.: Crypto-Compression of Medical Images by Selective Encryption of DCT. In: 13th European Signal Processing Conference, Turkey (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Schneier, B.: Applied Cryptography. John Wiley (1996)Google Scholar
- 3.Bovik, A.: The Essential Guide to Image Processing. Academic Press is an imprint of Elsevier (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Van Droogenbroeck, M., Benedett, R.: Techniques for a Selective Encryption of Uncompressed and Comperessed Images. In: Proceeding of Advanced Concepts for Intelligent Vision Systems, Belgium (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Shatten, A.: Cellular Automata. Institute of General Chemistry Vienna University of Technology, Austria (1997)Google Scholar
- 7.Lafe, O.: Data Compression and Encryption Using Cellular Automata Transforms. Artif. Intell. 10(6), 581–591 (1997)Google Scholar
- 8.Urias, J.: Cryptography Primitive Based on A Cellular Automata. An Interdisciplinary Journal of Nonlinear Science (1998)Google Scholar
- 10.Washington, C.: Introduction to Cryptography with Coding Theory, 2 edn. Pearson Prentice Hall (2006)Google Scholar