A Simulator Integration Platform for City Simulations
Multiagent-based simulations are regarded as an useful technology for analyzing complex social systems and have been applied to various problems. Tackling the problems of a city involves various levels of abstraction and various target domains. Different types of human behaviors are studied separately by specialists in their respective domains. We believe that we need to integrate simulators that offer different levels of abstraction and cover various target domains. This paper introduces the architecture of a simulator integration platform and demonstrates the capability of the platform in that domains of city traffic and city electricity.
KeywordsRoad Network Electric Vehicle Multiagent System Target Domain Control Message
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Balmer, M., Cetin, N., Nagel, K., Raney, B.: Towards truly agent-based traffic and mobility simulations. In: Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS 2004), pp. 60–67 (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Balmer, M., Meister, K., Rieser, M., Nagel, K., Axhausen, K.W.: Agent-based simulation of travel demand: Structure and computational performance of matsim-t. In: Proceedings of the 2nd TRB Conference on Innovations in Travel Modeling, pp. 1–30 (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Deguchi, H., Kanatani, Y., Kaneda, T., Koyama, Y., Ichikawa, M., Tanuma, H.: Social simulation design for pandemic protection. In: Proceedings of The 1st World Congress on Social Simulation (WCSS 2006), vol. 1, pp. 21–28 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Epstein, J., Axtell, R.: Growing Artificial Societies: Social Science from the Bottom Up. MIT Press (1996)Google Scholar
- 6.Kitano, H., Tadokor, S., Noda, H., Matsubara, I., Takahasi, T., Shinjou, A., Shimada, S.: Robocup rescue: search and rescue in large-scale disasters as a domain for autonomous agents research. In: Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Systems, Men, and Cybernetics, vol. VI, pp. 739–743 (1999)Google Scholar
- 7.Paruchuri, P., Pullalarevu, A.R., Karlapalem, K.: Multi agent simulation of unorganized traffic. In: Proceedings of the 1st International Joint Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS 2002), pp. 176–183 (2002)Google Scholar
- 8.Scerri, D., Hickmott, S., Padgham, L., Drogoul, A.: An Architecture for Modular Distributed Simulation with Agent-Based Models. In: Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS 2010), pp. 541–548 (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Yamamoto, G., Tai, H., Mizuta, H.: Consideration on realizing a hundred millions agent-based simulation. The IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems (Japanese edetion) 90(9), 2423–2431 (2007)Google Scholar