Programming Dynamics of Multi-Agent Systems
Dynamics are one of the most important properties of multi-agent systems (MAS), which often operate in open environment and with dynamically changing requirements. This paper firstly gives a comprehensive view of the dynamics in MAS based on “where” and “what” aspects of change and discusses the software engineering issues of engineering such dynamics. To solve related issues, we propose an organization-based programming approach that provides programming abstraction and mechanisms to describe and manage dynamics of MAS. An organization-based language for programming dynamics (OBLPD) of MAS is defined. The syntax of OBLPD is defined and its semantics are informally explained with a case study.
KeywordsMAS programming dynamic MAS reorganization programming dynamics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Dignum, V.: The Role of Organization in Agent Systems. In: Dignum, V. (ed.) Handbook of Research on Multi-Agent Systems: Semantics and Dynamics of Organizational Models, pp. 1–16. IGI Global (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Costa, A.C.R., Dimuro, G.P.: A Minimal Dynamical MAS Organization Model. In: Dignum, V. (ed.) Handbook of Research on Multi-Agent Systems: Semantics and Dynamics of Organizational Models, pp. 419–445. IGI Global (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Dignum, V.: Handbook of Research on Multi-Agent Systems: Semantics and Dynamics of Organizational Models (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Garcia, E., Argente, E., Giret, A., Botti, V.: Issues for Organizational Multiagent Systems Development. In: Jung, Michel, Ricci, Petta (eds.) 6th Int. Workshop on AT2AI-6 Working Notes, From Agent Theory to Agent Implementation, AAMAS 2008, Estoril, Portugal, EU, May 13 (2008)Google Scholar
- 11.Tinnemeier, N.A.M.: Organizing Agent Organizations: Syntax and Operational Semantics of an Organization-Oriented Programming Language. SIKS Dissertation Series 2011(2), Utrecht University (2011)Google Scholar
- 12.Ghidini, C., Hirsh, B., Fisher, M.: Programming group computations. In: Proceedings of the First European Workshop on Multi-Agent System, EUMAS (2003)Google Scholar