Using Bagging and Cross-Validation to Improve Ensembles Based on Penalty Terms
Decorrelated and CELS are two ensembles that modify the learning procedure to increase the diversity among the networks of the ensemble. Although they provide good performance according to previous comparatives, they are not as well known as other alternatives, such as Bagging and Boosting, which modify the learning set in order to obtain classifiers with high performance. In this paper, two different procedures are introduced to Decorrelated and CELS in order to modify the learning set of each individual network and improve their accuracy. The results show that these two ensembles are improved by using the two proposed methodologies as specific set generators.
KeywordsEnsembles with Penalty Terms Specific Sets Bagging CVC
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Asuncion, A., Newman, D.: UCI machine learning repository, University of California, Irvine, School of Information and Computer Sciences (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Freund, Y., Schapire, R.E.: Experiments with a new boosting algorithm. In: International Conference on Machine Learning, pp. 148–156 (1996)Google Scholar
- 5.Hernández-Espinosa, C., Torres-Sospedra, J., Fernández-Redondo, M.: New experiments on ensembles of multilayer feedforward for classification problems. In: Proceedings of IJCNN 2005, pp. 1120–1124 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Parmanto, B., Munro, P.W., Doyle, H.R.: Improving committee diagnosis with resampling techniques. In: Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems, pp. 882–888 (1996)Google Scholar
- 9.Torres-Sospedra, J., Hernández-Espinosa, C., Fernández-Redondo, M.: Adaptive boosting: Dividing the learning set to increase the diversity and performance of the ensemble. In: King, I., Wang, J., Chan, L.-W., Wang, D. (eds.) ICONIP 2006. LNCS, vol. 4232, pp. 688–697. Springer, Heidelberg (2006)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.Torres-Sospedra, J.: Ensembles of Artificial Neural Networks: Analysis and Development of Design Methods. Ph.D Thesis, Universitat Jaume I (2011)Google Scholar