CRESCO: Construction of Evidence Repositories for Managing Standards Compliance
We describe CRESCO, a tool for Construction of Evidence REpositories for Managing Standards COmpliance. CRESCO draws on Model Driven Engineering (MDE) technologies to generate a database repository schema from the evidence requirements of a given standard, expressed as a UML class diagram. CRESCO in addition generates a web-based user interface for building and manipulating evidence repositories based on the schema. CRESCO is targeted primarily at addressing the tool infrastructure needs for supporting the collection and management of safety evidence data. A systematic treatment of evidence information is a key prerequisite for demonstration of compliance to safety standards, such as IEC 61508, during the safety certification process.
KeywordsSafety Certification Conceptual Modeling MDE IEC 61508
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Knutsen, T.: Construction of information repositories for managing standards compliance evidence, Master Thesis, University of Oslo (2011), http://vefur.simula.no/~rpanesar/cresco/knutsen.pdf
- 3.Panesar-Walawege, R.K., Sabetzadeh, M., Briand, L.: Using UML profiles for sector-specific tailoring of safety evidence information. In: De Troyer, O., et al. (eds.) ER 2011 Workshops. LNCS, vol. 6999, Springer, Heidelberg (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Panesar-Walawege, R.K., Sabetzadeh, M., Briand, L., Coq, T.: Characterizing the chain of evidence for software safety cases: A conceptual model based on the iec 61508 standard. In: ICST 2010, pp. 335–344 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Redmill, F.: Installing IEC 61508 and supporting its users – nine necessities. In: 5th Australian Workshop on Safety Critical Systems and Software (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.UML 2.0 Superstructure Specification (August 2005)Google Scholar