Rough Set Based Quality of Service Design for Service Provisioning in Clouds
Quality of Service (QoS) is a broad term used to describe the overall experience a user or application will receive over a network. A rough set based approach is used to design a modified Cloud-QoS Management Strategy (MC-QoSMS). MC-QoSMS is a component of cloud broker that is used to allocate resources based on Service Level Agreement between users and providers for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) provisioning of cloud. Concept of reduct from rough set theory is used to allocate the best service provider to the cloud’s user with minimum searching time. The performance of the proposed system has been analyzed in terms of number of requests. It is reported that the system outperformed random algorithm by 25% and the round robin algorithm by 30% for 100 requests.
KeywordsRough Sets Reduct Quality of Service (QoS) Cloud Broker Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ganghishetti, P., Wankar, R.: Quality of Service Design in Clouds. CSI Communications 35(2), 12–15 (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Yang, C., Ge, H., Yao, G., Ma, L.: Quick Complete Attribute Reduction Algorithm. In: 6th Inter. Conf. on Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery, vol. 04. IEEE Computer Society, Washington, USA (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Thangavel, K., Shen, Q., Pethalakshmi, A.: Application of Clustering for Feature Selection Based on Rough Set Theory Approach. The International Journal of AIML 6(1) (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Nurmi, D., Wolski, R., Grzegorczyk, C., Obertelli, G., Soman, S., Youseff, L., Zagorodnov, D.: The Eucalyptus Open-Source Cloud-Computing System. In: Proceedings CCGRID 2009, pp. 124–131. IEEE Computer Society, Washington (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Amazon EC2 Service, http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/