Formal Modeling and Analysis of Timed Systems: Technology Push or Market Pull?
In this short paper I will address the question whether the methods and techniques we develop are applied well in industrial practice. To address this question, I will make a few observations from the academic field, as well as from industrial practice. This will be followed by a concise analysis of the cause of the perceived gap between the academic state-of-the-art and industrial practice. I will conclude with some opportunities for improvement.
KeywordsModel Check Open Innovation Industrial Practice Technology Push Embed Control System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bolognesi, T., Brinksma, E.: Introduction to the ISO Specification Language LOTOS. Computer Networks 14, 25–59 (1987)Google Scholar
- 3.Chesbrough, H.W.: The Era of Open Innovation. MIT Sloan Management Review 44(3), 35–41 (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.The Embedded Systems Institute Strategic Research Agenda 2011 Forthcoming fall (2011), http://www.esi.nl/
- 5.Thomas, N., Juiz, C. (eds.): EPEW 2008. LNCS, vol. 5261. Springer, Heidelberg (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Holzmann, G.J.: Design and Validation of Computer Protocols. Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1990)Google Scholar
- 8.Proceedings IEEE MASCOTS. IEEE CS Press, London (September 2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Proceedings of the International Conference on Operations Research. Springer, München (September 2010)Google Scholar