On the Verification of Timed Ad Hoc Networks
We study decidability and undecidability results for parameterized verification of a formal model of timed Ad Hoc network protocols. The communication topology is represented by a graph and the behavior of each node is represented by a timed automaton communicating with its neighbors via broadcast messages. We consider verification problems formulated in terms of reachability, starting from initial configurations of arbitrary size, of a configuration that contain at least one occurrence of a node in a certain state. We study the problem for dense and discrete time and compare the results with those obtained for (fully connected) networks of timed automata.
KeywordsModel Check Internal Node Transition Relation State Reachability Broadcast Message
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Abdulla, P., Cerans, K., Jonsson, B., Tsay, Y.: General decidability theorems for infinite-state systems. In: LICS 1996, pp. 313–321. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos (1996)Google Scholar
- 2.Abdulla, P., Delzanno, G., Rezine, O., Sangnier, A., Traverso, R.: On the verification of timed ad hoc networks. Disi-11-05. Univ. of Genova (July 2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Abdulla, P., Deneux, J., Mahata, P.: Multi-clock timed networks. In: LICS 2004, pp. 345–354. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Delzanno, G., Sangnier, A., Zavattaro, G.: Verification of ad hoc networks with node and communication failures. Disi-11-06. Univ. of Genova (July 2011)Google Scholar
- 17.The uppaal web page, http://www.uppaal.com/