TD-Trust: A Time Domain Based P2P Trust Model
This paper proposes a time domain based trust model (TD-Trust) in P2P networks. In this model, time domain analysis is built on the processes of calculating direct and recommendation trust respectively on the basis of DHT mechanism. By tracing the behavior trend of peers, this model enables system to monitor the states of peers in the view of oscillation and malice continuity so that unsteady and aggressive peers get suppressed in time by reducing their trust values. The paper also proposes architecture based on DHT mechanism to store and manage the trust values of peers. Simulation results show that TD-Trust model is highly efficient to identify malicious peers and improve the success rate of transactions in P2P networks.
KeywordsP2P trust model time domain DHT
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Schollmeier, R.: A definition of peer-to-peer networking for the classification of peer-to-peer architectures and applications. In: IEEE International Conference on Peer-to-Peer Computing (P2P 2001), pp. 101–102. IEEE Press, Linkoping Sweden (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Chen, J.-y., Sun, J.-z., Zhang, Y.-p.: Aggregation-based Reputation Evaluation Algorithm for P2P E-commerce. Computer Engineering 35(1), 138–139 (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Lian, Q., Zhang, Z., Yang, M., Zhao, B.Y., Dai, Y., Li, X.: An Empirical Study of Collusion Behavior in the Maze P2P File-Sharing System. In: 27th International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems, pp. 56–56. IEEE Press, Toronto (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Xue, F., Feng, G., Zhang, Y.: CommuTrust: A Trust and Secure Architecture in Community-based P2P Overlay Networks. In: 2nd International Conference on Future Computer and Communication (ICFCC), pp. V3-811–V3-816. IEEE Press, Wuhan (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Ham, M.J., Agha, G.: ARA: a robust audit to prevent free-riding in P2P networks. In: Fifth IEEE International Conference on Peer-to-Peer Computing, P2P 2005, pp. 125–132. IEEE Press, Los Alamitos (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Jia, F., Xie, D., Yang, Y.-x.: Trust model in time-domain for P2P networks. Computer Engineering and Applications 43(19), 115–117 (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Zhang, Y., Wang, K.W., Li, K., Qu, W.Y., Xiang, Y.: Time-decay based P2P Trust Model. In: Networks Security, Wireless Communications and Trusted Computing (NSWCTC 2009), pp. 235–238. IEEE Press, Wuhan (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Yu, H.-t., Zhang, J.-h., Zhong, Z.: Trust model in P2P network based on time factor and punitive measures. Computer Engineering and Applications 45(20), 115–117 (2009)Google Scholar