Consumer Behavior Analysis from Buzz Marketing Sites over Time Series Concept Graphs
This paper proposes a text mining method for detecting drastic changes of consumer behavior over time from buzz marketing sites, and applies it to finding the effects of the flu pandemic on consumer behavior in various marketing domains. It is expected that more air purifiers are sold due to the pandemic, and it is, actually, observed. By using our method, we reveal an unexpected relationship between the flu pandemic and the reluctance of consumers to buy digital single-lens reflex camera. Our method models and visualizes the relationship between a current topic and products using a graph representation of knowledge generated from the text documents in a buzz marketing site. The change of consumer behavior is detected by quantifying the difference of the graph structures over time.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Shimoji, Y., Wada, T., Hirokawa, S.: Dynamic Thesaurus Construction from English-Japanese Dictionary. In: The Second International Conference on Complex, Intelligent and Software Intensive Systems, pp. 918–923 (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.kakaku.com, http://kakaku.com
- 3.Nagano, S., Inaba, M., Mizoguchi, Y., Iida, T., Kawamura, T.: Ontology-Based Topic Extraction Service from Weblogs. In: IEEE International Conference on Semantic Computing, pp. 468–475 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Kobayshi, N., Inui, K., Matusmoto, Y., Tateishi, K., Fukushima, S.: Collecting evaluative expressions by a text mining technique. IPSJ SIG NOTE 154(12), 77–84 (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Asano, H., Hirano, T., Kobayasi, N., Matsuno, Y.: Subjective Information Indexing Technology Analyzing Word-of-mouth Content on the Web. NTT Technical Review 6(9), 1–7 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Spangler, W.S., Chen, Y., Proctor, L., Lelescu, A., Behal, A., He, B., Griffin, T.D., Liu, A., Wade, B., Davis, T.: COBRA - mining web for COrporate Brand and Reputation Analysis. Web Intelligence and Agent Systems (WIAS) 7(3), 243–254 (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Sekiguchi, Y., Kawashima, H., Uchiyama, T.: Discovery of Related Topics Using Serieses of Blogsites’ Entries. In: The 22nd Annual Conference of the Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence, pp. 2I1-1 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Wang, G., Araki, K.: A Graphic Reputation Analysis System for Mining Japanese Weblog Based on both Unstructured and Structured Information. In: AINA Workshops 2008, pp. 1240–1245 (2008)Google Scholar
- 11.Bunke, H., Dickinson, P.J., Kraetzl, M., Wallis, W.D.: A Graph-Theoretic Approach to Enterprise Network Dynamics. Ch.4, pp. 63–92 (2007)Google Scholar