Knowledge Management Challenges in Collaborative Design of a Virtual Call Centre
This paper presents an analysis of knowledge management issues for a user interface consulting project relevant during the development of a Virtual Call Centre. The experiences gathered by a team of designers and a team of usability consultants have been described and evaluated from the knowledge management viewpoint. A concept of a knowledge-based system, potentially supporting usability consulting in subsequent IT projects has been presented, as well as constraints for its possible use in real settings.
Keywordsknowledge management in IT projects usability consulting user interface design
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bektas, E., Heintz, J.L., Wamelink, J.W.F.: A Review Of Knowledge Management In Collaborative Design. In: 5th International Conference on Innovation in Architecture, Engineering and Construction, Antalya-Turkey (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Ciampi, F.: Management Consulting and Knowledge Creation. SYMPHONYA - Emerging Issues in Management (1) (2007), http://www.unimib.it/upload/gestioneFiles/Symphonya/f2007issue1/ciampieng12007.pdf
- 4.Henneman, R.L.: Marketing Usability. In: Bias, J., Mayhew, D. (eds.) Cost-Justyfying Usability, pp. 144–163. Elsevier, Amsterdam (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Hughes, M.: A Pattern Language Approach to Usability Knowledge Management. Journal of Usability Studies 1(2), 76–90 (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Gabriel, I.J.: An Expert System for Usability Evaluations of Business-to-Consumer E-Commerce Sites. In: Proceedings of the 6th Annual ISOnEworld Conference, Las Vegas, NV, April 11-13 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Nieters, J.E., Ivaturi, S., Dworman, G.: The Internal Consultancy Model for Strategic UXD Relevance. In: CHI 2007, San Jose, CA, April 28-May 3, pp. 1825–1832 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Nonaka, I., Takeuchi, H.: The Knowledge-Creating Company: How Japanese Companies Create the Dynamics of Innovation. Oxford University Press, New York (1995)Google Scholar