An Empirical Study on the Nonlinear Impacts of CPI to Stock Market in China
This paper uses the smooth transition regression (STR) model to study the nonlinear relation between the consumer price index (CPI) and the composite index of Shanghai Stock Market in China from 1999 to 2011. The results show that there exists one way Granger causality relation from CPI to stock market in China; the internal relation between the CPI and stock market’s composite index appears as linearity in most of the time, while it turns to nonlinearity during Subprime Lending Crisis.
KeywordsCPI Stock Market Nonlinear Relation STR Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cheng, S.W., Li, Z.R.: Nankai Economic Research 27(6), 83–87 (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Fama, E.F.: American Economic Review 71(4), 54–65 (1981)Google Scholar
- 4.Gallagher, Taylor: Economics Letters 75(2), 147–156 (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Tobin, J.: The Review of Economic Studies 25, 65–86 (1958)Google Scholar
- 6.Zeng, Z.J., Jiang, Z.: Finical Theory and Practice 28(145), 40–45 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhang, H.Y., Dong, X.G.: Statistics and Decision 27(11), 115–118 (2010)Google Scholar