Reliability Analysis on Slope Stability Based on Rainfall-Induced Damage
Rainfall infiltration is an important factor affecting slope stability. However, rainfall-induced damage of rockmass strength is not considered in slope stability analysis in most literatures at present. Therefore, from the point of view that variation of water content leads to damage of rockmass strength, a comprehensive method of damage mechanics and reliability theory is used to analyze slope stability under rainfall. Firstly, the variation features of water content and Young’s modulus under rainfall in an iron open-pit mine are studied, the relation between damage variable D and water content is built; Then, the damage model of rockmass strength parameters is made. Finally, the slope’s reliability is assessed under different rainfall duration. The results showed that reliability indexes based on rainfall-induced damage of rockmass strength are smaller than that when the damage of rockmass strength is ignored. Therefore, it is necessary to consider rainfall-induced damage in slope stability assessment. The study can provide theoretical evidence for slope stability evaluation and production safety in open pit mines.
Keywordsrainfall infiltration damage reliability slope water content
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Huang, R.Q., Qi, G.Q.: Journal of Engineering Geology 10(4), 343 (2002) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 2.Lam, L., Fredlund, D.G., Barbour, S.L.: Canadian Geotehnical Journal 24, 565 (1987)Google Scholar
- 3.Gasmo, J., Rahardjo, H., Leong, E.: Computers and Geotechnics 26(2), 145 (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Cho, S., Lee, S.: Computers and Geotechnics 28(3), 185 (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Tsaparas, I., Rahardjo, H., Toll, D.G., Leong, E.C.: Computers and Geotechnics 29(1), 1 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhou, J.W., Xu, W.Y., Deng, J.Y., Liu, X.N.: Journal of Hydraulic Engineering 39(9), 1066 (2008) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 7.Wu, L.Q., Zhang, F., Ling, X.C.: Chinese Journal of Rock Mechanics and Engineering 28(6), 45 (2009) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 8.Rong, G., Wang, S.J., Wang, E.Z.: Chinese Journal of Rock Mechanics and Engineering 27(4), 704 (2008) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 9.Gao, D.Q.: Influence of rainfall infiltration on slope stability, Master thesis. University of Science and Technology Beijing, Beijing (2010) (in Chinese)Google Scholar