A Two-Layer Steganography Scheme Using Sudoku for Digital Images
Steganography is a skill to convey the secret data in the digital images without getting any unexpected notices to attackers. LSB replacement, the simplest method, directly replaces the secret bits with LSB bit plane. Unfortunately, it is insecure because it cannot resist against the visual attacks and statistic detection. In 2009, Lin et al. proposed a novel data embedding scheme by using the concept of Sudoku. Lin et al.’s scheme not only improved the performances of traditional LSB-based steganography schemes, but also resist against steganalysis. In this paper, a steganography scheme based on Lin et al.’s scheme is explored. Experimental results show that the proposed scheme can improve the visual quality of stego-images. In addition, the average of hiding capacity is 1.29 bpp (bits per pixel). Therefore, it confirms that our proposed scheme provides higher hiding capacity than that of LSB replacement 0.29 bpp. Furthermore, our method shows the positive results to resist against the visual attacks.
KeywordsVisual Quality Cover Image Image Watermark Watermark Scheme Secret Data
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Chang, C.C., Lu, T.C., Chang, Y.F., Lee, R.C.T.: Reversible Data Hiding Schemes for Deoxyribonucleic Acid (DNA) Medium. International Journal of In-novative Computing, Information and Control (IJICIC) 3(5), 1145–1160 (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Chen, Y.H., Chang, C.C., Lin, C.C.: Adaptive Data Embedding Using VQ and Clustering. International Journal of Innovational Computing and Information Control (IJICIC) 3(6(A)), 1471–1485 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Guillermito, S.: Chi-square Steganography Test Program, http://www.guillermito2.net/stegano/tools/index.html
- 8.Lin, C.C., Chen, Y.H., Chang, C.C.: LSB-based High-Capacity Data Em-bedding Scheme for Images. International Journal of Innovational Computing and Information Control (IJICIC) 5(11(B)), 4283–4289 (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Lin, S.D., Kuo, Y., Yao, M.: An Image Watermarking Scheme with Tamper Detection and Recovery. International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control (IJICIC) 3(6(A)), 1379–1387 (2007)Google Scholar
- 11.Weng, S., Zhao, Y., Pan, J.S.: A Novel Reversible Data Hiding Scheme. International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control (IJICIC) 4(2), 351–358 (2008)Google Scholar