Modelling and Performance Analysis of Queueing Systems for Self-similar Services in Wireless Cooperative Multi-relay Networks
The self-similarity nature of network traffics has been discovered to be a ubiquitous phenomenon in communication networks; meanwhile, wireless cooperative relay networks have received considerable interests in both academia and industry in recent years. The performance analysis of service queue behavior for wireless communication is very essential for the design of wireless communication networks. In this paper, we established a system model to analyze the queue behavior with self-similar traffics in cooperative multiple relay networks. Based on the system model we investigate the closed-form and approximate formulas of queue length distributions for different cooperative protocols, the number of relays, the queue behaviors are thoroughly studied according to the characteristics of cooperative relay system and self-similar traffics. Numerical investigations have been performed to validate the accuracy of the queue behavior analysis. The validity and accuracy of this work make it a convenient and practical evaluation tool to the design of self-similar service transmissions in future wireless cooperative relay networks.
KeywordsSelf-similar traffic queue analysis cooperative relay networks amplify-and-forward (AF) decode-and-forward (DF) protocol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.Zhang, X., Wang, W., Ji, X.: Multiuser Diversity in Multiuser Two-Hop Cooperative Relay Wireless Networks (TCRN): System Model and Performance Analysis. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology (February 2009)Google Scholar
- 8.3GPP. 3GPP TS 36.300, Technical Specification Group Radio Access Network; E-UTRA and E-UTRAN; Overall description (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Dahlman, E., Parkvall, S., Skold, J., Beming, P.: 3G Evolution: HSPA and LTE for Mobile Broadband, 2nd edn. Academic Press, London (2008)Google Scholar
- 14.Jin, X., Min, G., et al.: An Analytical Queuing Model for Long Range Dependent Arrivals and Variable Service Capacity. In: IEEE ICC 2008 (May 2008)Google Scholar
- 17.Chen, S., Wang, W., Zhang Ergodic, X.: Outage Capacity Analysis of Cooperative Diversity Systems under Rayleigh Fading Channels. In: IEEE ICC 2009 (June 2009)Google Scholar
- 18.Abramowitz, M., Stegun, I.A.: Handbook of Mathematical Functions, 9th edn. Dover, New York (1970)Google Scholar