Vegetable Seed Oil Based Waterborne Polyesteramide: A “Green” Material
In present work we have taken an attempt to develop vegetable seed oil [VSO] based microwave assisted (green route) waterborne polyesteramide (zero toxicity), a green material. VSO based waterborne polyesteramide [WBPEA] was synthesized by simple route through microwave irradiation within 4–5 min by amidation and condensation of oil. The structure of the material was confirmed with the spectral techniques. The thermal degradation analysis of WBPEA by TGA showed that the polymer was stable up to 220°C, suitable for use as degradable “green polymeric material” for a variety of applications.
KeywordsMicrowave Irradiation Sodium Methoxide Phthalic Anhydride Condensation Polymerization Fatty Amide
- 4.E. Sharmin, S.M. Alam, R.K. Philips, and S. Ahmad. Prog. Org. Coat. (2010) inpressGoogle Scholar
- 10.C.L. Bao, L.S. Wang, A. Zhang, and J. Taiwan Ins. Chemi. Eng. 40 (2009) 174Google Scholar
- 13.G.L. Gyorik, T. Pajkossy, and B. Lengyel, Prog. Org. Coat. 6 (2006) Google Scholar
- 26.F. Zafar, E. Sharmin, M. Kashif, O. Rehman, S. Pathan, M.S. Khan, and S. Ahmad; Bhartiya Vaigyanik Evam Audyogik Anusandhan Patrika 1 (2010) 38Google Scholar
- 27.F. Zafar, S.M. Ashraf, and S. Ahmad; Chem. Che. Technol. 2(4) (2008) 285 Google Scholar