Integration of Risk Management into the Process of PLC-Software Development in Machine Tools
Risk management is currently a key component of the design process. The designers are required to identify all hazards within the whole life cycle of a machine and, if necessary, to take appropriate measures in order to reduce the risk of these hazards to an acceptable level. To achieve overall safety of a machine, it is also very important to carry out risk management during the development of software to ensure correct function of the designed mechatronic system. The presented paper describes realization of risk management during development of PLC-software for the system of automatic tool change in a machine tool.
KeywordsMachine Tool Risk Management Tool Holder European Parliament Mechatronic System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Eder, W.E., Hosnedl, S.: Design Engineering - A Manual for Enhanced Creativity. CRC Press - Taylor & Francis Group (2007) ISBN 1420047655Google Scholar
- 5.Marek, J.: Management of risk at design of machining centres. In: Housa, J. (ed.) Proceedings of Machine Tools, Automation and Robotics in Mechanical Engineering, pp. 91–98. CVUT Praha, Praha (2004) ISBN 80-903421-2-4Google Scholar
- 6.Marek, J.: How to go further in designing methodology of machine tools? In: Hosnedl, S. (ed.) Proceedings of AEDS 2006 Workshop, pp. 81–88. W. Bohemia University, Plzen (2006) ISBN 80-7043-490-2Google Scholar
- 7.Directive 2006/42/EC of the European parliament and of the Council of 17 May 2006 on machinery, and amending Directive 95/16/EC (recast); Official Journal of the European Union L 157/24 Google Scholar
- 8.IEC 61508-3:2010 Functional safety of electrical/electronic/programmable electronic safety related systems – Part 3: Software requirements Google Scholar
- 9.ISO/IEC 12207:1997 Information technology – Software life cycle processesGoogle Scholar