Research on the Application-Oriented Pipeline Integrity Based on GIS
With the growth of buried time, long-distance pipelines are easy to be deteriorated. Thus, the safety of oil and gas pipelines has been a social focus for society and pipeline companies. It is an important task to make the integrity assessment and pipeline integrity management techniques for oil and gas. In the paper, combined with the GIS technique, PioaGIS is designed and developed to manage pipeline integrity, and the design principles, system architecture, system network architecture and technique route of PioaGIS are introduced detailed.
KeywordsPipeline integrity GIS PioaGIS Long-distance pipeline
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Choong, E., Beets, J.: Data Management as the Foundation of Integrity Management. In: Proceedings of International Pipeline Conference, pp. 487–493 (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Park, N., Sanders, C.: Transportation: Improved database management yields pipeline integrity benefits. Oil & Gas Journal 105(22), 62–65 (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Porter, T.R., Al-Nasser, E.: Pipeline integrity management at Kuwait oil company. In: 2006 ASME International Pipeline Conference, Calgary,AB,Canada, September 25-29 (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Wang, X.L., Shua, J., Zuo, S.G.: Integrity data management and establishment of database in long distance pipeline. Oil-Gasfield Surface Engineering 27(11), 45–47 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Cui, T., Feng, Q.S., et al.: Exploration on the Concept of Integrity Management for New Pipeline Design and Construction. Oil & Gas Storage and Transportation 27(10), 4–8 Google Scholar
- 7.ASME B31. 8S Managing System Integrity of Gas PipelinesGoogle Scholar
- 8.API 1160 Managing System Integrity for Hazardous Liquid PipelinesGoogle Scholar
- 9.Ma, L.P., Li, Y.: Geographic information system assisted safe reliability analysis of oil gas pipeline. Acta Pet rolei Sinica 27(3), 126–129 (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Hitchcock, C., Sun, J., Nishenko, S., et al.: GIS-Based seismic hazard mapping for pipeline integrity management. American Society of Mechanical Engineers, New York (2007)Google Scholar
- 11.Shuai, J., Dang, W.Y., Bu, W.P.: Software for integrality assessment and management of oil and gas pipeline. Natural Gas Industry 26(5), 108–110 (2006)Google Scholar
- 12.Manny, T.: Data Challenges in Integrity Management Programs. Pipeline & Gas Journal (February 20)Google Scholar