Importance Measures in Reliability Analysis of Healthcare System
Healthcare system is modern complex system that includes four principal components in point of view of reliability engineering. They are hardware, software, human factor and organization component. There are different methods in reliability engineering for analysis and quantification of every of these components. But new tendency in reliability analysis needs methods that evaluate the system as a single whole. In accordance with this tendency one aspect of reliability engineering (importance analysis) is considered in the paper. The importance reliability analysis allows to estimate influence of every healthcare system component to the system reliability and functioning. New algorithms for importance analysis of healthcare system are proposed in this paper.
KeywordsHealthcare System Reliability Analysis System Reliability Component State Importance Measure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Aven and Nokland 2010]
- [Cohen 2004]
- [Fricks and Trivedi 2003]Fricks, R.M., Trivedi, K.S.: Importance analysis with Markov Chains. In: Proc. IEEE the 49th Annual Reliability & Maintainability Symposium, Tampa, USA, pp. 89–95 (2003)Google Scholar
- [Lisnianski and Levitin 2003]
- [Lyons et al. 2004]Lyons, M., Adams, S., Woloshynowych, M., Vincent, C.: Human reliability analysis in healthcare: A review of techniques. Int. Journal of Risk & Safety in Medicine 16(4), 223–237 (2004)Google Scholar
- [Marseguerra andZio 2004]
- [Pham 2003]Pham, H. (ed.): Handbook of Reliability Engineering, p. 659. Springer, London (2003)Google Scholar
- [Taleb-Bendiab et al. 2006]
- [Taylor 1972]Taylor, E.F.: The reliability engineer in the health care system. In: Proc. IEEE the 18th Annual Reliability & Maintainability Symposium, USA, pp. 245–248 (1972)Google Scholar
- [Zaitseva 2009]Zaitseva, E.: Importance analysis of Multi-State System by tools of Differential Logical Calculus. In: Bris, R., et al. (eds.) Reliability, Risk and Safety. Theory and Applications, vol. 3, pp. 1579–1584. CRC Press, Boca Raton (2009)Google Scholar
- [Zaitseva2010]Zaitseva, E.: Reliability Analysis Methods for Healthcare system. In: Proc. IEEE the 3rd Int Conf. on Human System Interaction, Rzeszow, Poland, pp. 212–216 (2010)Google Scholar
- [Zio 2009]