Multi-aspect Character of the Man-Computer Relationship in a Diagnostic-Advisory System
Chapter reviews the solutions used in diagnostic-advisory system, dedicated to the needs of the foundry industry. Multimedia techniques used in the system were selected to create a comprehensive capabilities of contact between user and computer system. The first part of the considerations apply to work in diagnostic mode, including identification of castings defects and determine the causes of their occurrence, the second part is a look at some of the features of the system implemented in a consultative mode, such as the integration of knowledge or technical and market expertise. Many illustrations was used to illustrate the various forms of contact with the user.
KeywordsKnowledge Representation Defect Type Decision Table Knowledge Integration Knowledge Resource
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Cullot et al. 2007]Cullot, N., Ghawi, R., Yétongnon, K.: DB2OWL: A Tool for automatic database-to-ontology mapping. In: Proc. of the 15th Italian Symp. on Advanced Database Systems, Italy, Torre Canne di Fasano (BR), pp. 491–494 (2007)Google Scholar
- [Dobrowolski et al. 2003]Dobrowolski, G., Marcjan, R., Nawarecki, E., Kluska-Nawarecka, S., Dziaduś, J.: Development of INFOCAST: Information system for foundry industry. TASK Quarterly 7(2) (2003)Google Scholar
- [Górny et al. 2010]Górny, Z., Kluska-Nawarecka, S., Wilk-Kołodziejczyk, D., Regulski, K.: Diagnosis of casting defects using uncertain and incomplete knowledge. Archives of Metallurgy and Materials (2010)Google Scholar
- [Kluska-Nawarecka et al. 2007]Kluska-Nawarecka, S., Smolarek-Grzyb, A., Wilk-Kołodziejczyk, D., Adrian, A.: Knowledge representation of casting metal defects by means of ontology, archives of foundry engineering. Polish Academy of Sciences 7(3), 15/3, 75–78 (2007)Google Scholar
- [Kluska-Nawarecka et al. 2009]Kluska-Nawarecka, S., Wilk-Kołodziejczyk, D., Dobrowolski, G., Nawarecki, E.: Structuralization of knowledge about casting defects diagnosis based on rough sets theory. Computer Methods In Materials Science 9(2) (2009)Google Scholar
- [Kluska-Nawarecka et al. 2010]Kluska-Nawarecka, S., Mrzygłód, B., Durak, J., Regulski, K.: Analysis of the applicability of domain ontology in copper alloys processing, Archieves of Foundry, Polish Academy of Sciences (2010)Google Scholar
- [Konstantinou et al. 2006]Konstantinou, N., Spanos, D.E., Chalas, M., Solidakis, E., Mitrou, N.: VisAVis: An approach to an intermediate layer between ontologies and relational database contents. Web Information Systems Modeling (2006)Google Scholar
- [Nawarecki et al. 2007]Nawarecki, E., Kluska-Nawarecka, S., Dobrowolski, G., Marcjan, R.: OntoGRator – an intelligent access to heterogenous knowledge sources about casting technology. Computer Methods in Material Science 7 (2007)Google Scholar
- [Pawlak 1982]