Recognition of Hand Posture for HCI Systems
We present problem of recognizing gestures and signs executed by hands. Hand posture recognition is either the process by which gestures formed by a user interact with the computer or is the element of the special signs language to convey meaning. We propose methods for the recognition of hand gestures using Gabor wavelets (GW), Radon transform (RT) and texture features for gesture recognition. We compare these features and propose the fusion features to obtain high recognition rate.
KeywordsColor Space Hand Gesture Gabor Wavelet False Reject Rate Hand Gesture Recognition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Chang et al. 2008]
- [Choras 2009]Choras, R.S.: Hand shape and hand gesture recognition. In: Proceedings of 2009 IEEE Symp. on Industrial Electronics and Applications ISIEA (2009)Google Scholar
- [Choras 2010]Choras, R.S.: Hand gesture recognition using gabor and radon transform with invariant moment features. In: Recent Research in Circuits, Systems, Electronics, Control & Signal Processing, pp. 93–98. WSEAS Press (2010)Google Scholar
- [Deans 1983]
- [Gabor 1946]Gabor, D.: Theory of communication. J. Inst. Elect. Eng. 93, 429–459 (1946)Google Scholar
- [Hu 1962]
- [Phung et al. 2005]
- [Tabbone and Wendling 2002]Tabbone, S., Wendling, L.: Technical symbols recognition using the two-dimensional Radon transform. In: Proc. of the 16th ICPR, vol. (3), pp. 200–203 (2002)Google Scholar
- [Yin and Xie 2001]Yin, X., Xie, M.: Hand gesture segmentation, recognition and application. In: Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. on Computational Intelligence in Robotics and Automation, Banff, Canada (2001)Google Scholar